The title of this post expresses how I felt while trying to make a card I felt inspired to do, with blooms, because they’re starting to appear everywhere, and by the challenge from Inspired by all the little things, especially by their guest designer Nancy from Scrapper@Heart. Her colouring for her card is just so beautiful and I hope to be able to shade that way with watercolours one day! Anyway, I wanted to make a card with flowers, and realised i didn’t have any apart from my Stampin up What i love flowers, but they were too small for what I had in mind. So what I was left were my stencils and emboss folders. I spent 3h on what is, up till now, my most laborious card…and I hated the final result, I even used the Stampin up flowers in the end! Read further down if you want to know all the details, but the good thing is that I saw how beautiful just stencilling a card could be and I finally made a card I liked…in 15 minutes! Although close up in the photo I now see flaws I didn’t see on the card before so…oh well, I hope you still like it anyway cause it took me 2 failed attempts to get here!
I stencilled in the colours with Momento dew drop inks on sponges and the scratchy bits are actually glitter from Sakura transparent gel glitter pen! They look nice and shiny on the card.
I also entered this card in
Mod Squad‘s Show us your background challenge
Card’s in envy Flower’s/fantasy challenge
STAMPlorations blog hop APRIL 2016 FLASH STENCIL LINKY PARTY
The next one is actually my 1st two failed attempts put into one card to try and save a little of both cards but I still hated it! But after all the effort i put into it, I wanted to show it anyway, to remind me later on that, no, I didn’t just pull my cards out of a hat, but after lots of failed attempts!
I started out by inking my stencil on the back side of a failed card, so I could use it for scraps later on…
I then embossed my card with the inked stencil, by putting it through the big shot with a cut ipad case at the bottom and on top of the stencil (put some scrap paper so it doesn’t stain your pads)
and voila the end result on the left. The right side is the scrap paper I prepared my stencils on, which actually gave me the idea to do the card I like!
Now this is where it started to go wrong. Even though I loved the stencilled embossed result, I wanted to subdue the background as I wanted to emboss a bloom emboss folder on top of this, so I sponged in some blue ink.
But I realised I still couldn’t add another flower without it coming out too “heavy”. So I started another card by stamping and embossing flower stamps from “What I love”, in many different colours, then I added ink on my blooms embossing folder and just pressed it onto the new card, but again I sponged some ink onto the background and didn’t like the overall result. So I spent another 30 minutes figuring out how to add it onto the first card and decided on cutting a piece of this new card and adding it on the first card ( have I lost you yet…). Oh well, I might try the ink embossing thing again as I like the result! Thanks for being so patient if you followed me till this end!